We had a pretty low key 4th this year. Puerto Rico doesn't really "whoop it up" for the fourth, but that didn't stop my kids from celebrating. Jaycie made a US flag and a star necklace for each of us. Nicholas promptly put his on and started exclaiming, "Yea! We are free from England!!" Joshua didn't want a necklace, but found the collander very entertaining. Jaycie also wrote a song on her piano keyboard called "We Are Free." It also includes a line about being free from England. Where do they get this stuff?! We made sure Nicholas and Jaycie knew that now we are friends with England. You never know what they might say!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I can't get over how smart your kids are. I hope mine are the same. I love it.
About your comment:
I'm so used to going to the beach with tons of people. We do this in California all the time. It gets so bad that you can't even see a patch of sand due to all the people there, but it's soooo fun.
You're kids are awesome. That is so cute how creative they are. We missed seeing you w/ the fam. Hopefully thanksgiving? I know your dad and fam are so excited for the big move.
Mylee made little flags too! Jaycee is so cute! Tyler keeps saying that he misses his best friend Nicholas. I tell him i miss him and his family too! It was so good to talk to you!
I love it .. very festive! You are looking great ... Love it
Hi Melissa! I have you linked on my goodreads friends, and I'd love to invite you to my blog (it's private). Email me at jjaoee@gmail.com
Your family is darling. Such cute kiddos, and you look terrific! I am jealous of all your beachy activities, while we're stuck sweating in the mountains. So fun!
Post a Comment