So, one of the funniest Nicholas stories I have happened when he was about 2 1/2. We were living in our house in Texas and he was VERY good at being two. He loved fruit snacks and would eat a whole box of ten if I didn't watch him like a hawk. One day, I couldn't take his asking anymore. I told him that the box was going on the top shelf of the pantry, and he wasn't getting anymore for the rest of the day. I got busy doing something, and after about ten minutes of peace I heard a loud thump. I ran into the kitchen to find my little Nicholas. He had carried a step stool into the pantry to reach his beloved fruit snacks, and ended up knocking over the huge opened bag of flour. I took a deep breath, about to get angry, and Nicholas started to sing:
"If you chance to meet a frown,
Do not let it stay...
Quickly turn it upside down
And smile that frown away!"
He stopped and almost held his breath to see what my reaction would be. The cutest Primary song coming from my flour covered boy made me burst into laughter. He was too cute to get mad at! Instead, I took a picture, and have a wonderful memory. He knows how to get out of trouble and he works it. It is a devilish gift.





2 comments:
That is awesome!! How could you help but laugh.
I think I was visiting at the time, right? So funny! We should have known he would be a charmer right then and there!
Post a Comment