Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Double Digits

Happy birthday dear Jaycie!!! Yesterday my baby girl celebrated her tenth birthday. I can not believe how fast time has gone. I was telling her about her delivery story (23 hours...but who's counting?) and she looked up at me with her huge eyes and said, "I am so sorry mom." I started laughing because she is just too sweet. Jaycie is such an incredible daughter and big sister. She is responsible and honest and smart. She tells us that she never wants to move out and I hope she remembers that in a few years! She got some amazing presents, thanks to everyone sent her a birthday card or gift. Here are some of the highlights of her day:




Talking to Grandma on the phone while opening her gift.





Thanking Nicholas for the necklace and bracelet he picked out for her.






Her freak-out face when she realized we gave her tickets to see Wicked here in L.A. (mom had a freak out face too when Matt suggested I be the one to take her) She loves the music and story and is super excited to go next month.






All of us at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Yum!

Blowing out the candles on her cheescake with a little help from Nicholas.


She had a spectacular day and we love her so much! Happy birthday Jaycie!



7 comments:

patti said...

oh wow... happy birthday Jacie!! I want to hear all the details about wicked..I'd love to see it.

Aaron and crystal said...

WOW has it really been ten years? I remember when you were pregnant with her. What a sweet blessing . She looks like she had an awesome day!

Tracy Garcia said...

Happy Birthday Jaycie!! How exciting . When are you going to Wicked? Maybe I can take the girls and meet you there!!! That would be so much fun. Tell me the dates....

Danielle said...

Crazy it feels like we were just at her baptism the other day. Happy bday

corndog said...

Happy Birthday Jacie! Wow I remember last years party time goes by fast. Your almost a preteen and man Melissa it comes fast. Cici is getting crushes and she has boys pic.'s on the wall. I do not know if I am ready for that. We miss you guys but glad you are enjoying yourselves. Kisses and hugs!

prRiggs said...

Ooohhh, Happy Birthday Jaycie! That looks like so much fun--especially the tickets.

Matthew and Rosalia said...

How cool, Rosalia had a freaked-out face when she got tickets to Wicked for Christmans too. You are going to LOVE it. It's the best play I've seen thus far. We need to get together. Matthew and I got annual passes for Disneyland, maybe we'll go some day.