Monday, November 29, 2010

Gobble Gobble

We were lucky enough to be able to go to Provo for Thanksgiving. I have great memories of going to my grandpa's house for many Thanksgivings when I was growing up. I haven't been to a Nimmer Family Thanksgiving for sixteen years. (wow, maybe I shouldn't let that detail slip!) It was so great to see aunts, uncles, and cousins that I haven't seen since we were little.

Matt drove the whole way which came out to be about twenty hours in four days. He is amazing! We ended our trip a day early to avoid a snowstorm, and it turned out to be a very smart move.

It was cold. Not California cold. Arctic Circle, North Pole, Ice Age cold. I couldn't take a deep breath because the air hurt my lungs. My kids were ecstatic...they haven't had that much hot chocolate in their lives.

My kids were thoroughly enamoured with BYU. It was the first time they had been there, and they are hooked. We went to the indoor track to work out in the mornings, and Nicholas can hardly wait the ten years until he graduates high school and can go to the track "everyday to get buff."

I am thankful for my entire family. Family rocks. Complicated, drama-filled, hilarious, fun, and full of love...I wouldn't trade it for anything.

1 comment:

OUR FULL HOUSE said...

Oh man, I wish we would have made it. I hope it isn't another 16 years till you go again!! I am glad you had a Great Thanksgiving!