Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The latest "Nicholisms"

As many people that know our family are aware...Nicholas is a natural comedian. He doesn't even try but keeps us laughing ALL THE TIME. Recently, my brother Cory and his girlfriend Emily stayed with us for a night on their move from Oregon to Arizona. Nicholas idolizes his uncles and loves it when he gets to see them. He had never met Emily before and he had a conversation with Cory that went something like this:

Nicholas: "Hey, uncle Cory?"

Cory: "Yeah buddy?"

N: "Where can I get me one of those?"

C: "One of what?"

N: (pointing to Emily) "One of THOSE?"

C: "You gotta be a musician, buddy. The ladies love it."

N: "All right!"

Tonight we got home from Jaycie's swim team practice and Nicholas asked if he could watch tv while I got dinner ready. I said sure, and off he went. When I came into the living room I saw that he had found Tarzan on the Disney Channel.

Melissa: "Hey dude, what are you watching?"

Nicholas: "Tarzan."

M: "Oh I love this movie!"

N: "I know, that's why you should sit down with me and we can watch it together! And then we can eat our dinner in here too, since we are spending time together!"

Very smooth.

No comments: