Saturday, April 28, 2012

Goodbye Grandpa







Two weeks ago, we buried my Grandpa Hunt. It was a beautiful service and a true celebration of his life. As soon as I heard that he had passed away, my initial reaction was a feeling of peace. Grandpa had been deteriorating for a few years, with the last two being extremely difficult. He suffered from Parkinson's, among other things, and it was always sad to see him nave to struggle. I am so glad he has been freed from his body and is no longer suffering. It was so great to be able to see family I had not seen in over 15 years. It was also amazing to see how many people my grandpa touched throughout his life. He was an amazing man who was gentle, sweet, and kind. He exercised everyday of his life that he was able, and he had a strong testimony of the gospel. I am sad for the pain my grandma is going through in losing him, but grateful for the knowledge that she will be with him again.

No comments: