The kids went back to school today. They love school and were very excited to do all of the traditional buildup activities: school supply shopping, clothes shopping, haircuts, laying out their "First Day" ensembles, etc...
Jaycie is in sixth grade and Nicholas is in third. They both were ECSTATIC to find out they got the teachers they were hoping for.
We all went to school this morning (minus dad) to find the new classrooms. Jaycie is at the age where she wants me to walk her to class, and she doesn't want me to walk her to class. :) We said good bye to Jaycie and headed over to Nico's new class. When there were 5 minutes until the bell rang, it got VERY crowded with kids, parents, administrators, and siblings. Joshua looked up to me during the chaos and burst into tears!
M: "What's wrong buddy?"
J:"I don't want to leave my Nicholas!"
He ran up to his brother and threw his arms around him. It was one of the sweetest moments I have ever seen.
Then, being Joshua, he had to add, "But we can leave Jaycie here."
Ah, kids.




3 comments:
wow you guys started school early. We don't start until next week. I guess in one way that's good. you will be out earlier too.
BTW I love Joshua's approach to having his brother and sister around :)
Ha ha ha :) Nicholas is a crack up. I love that Joshua didn't want to leave his brother though. So sweet.
And what did Jaycie have to say about that? Reminds me of when your little brothers thought you were the bossy big sister!
Post a Comment